Saturday, November 21, 2009

2nd progress report

We have completed the story and my students are thinking of ways they can change the end of the story--in Spanish in their own words. The students have role played the entire story, switching roles so they don't play the same character. I have also reviewed the story with them asking leading questions, either/or questions, and practiced some safety measures learned in Spanish like what to do in case of fire, smoke or the safe way to cross the street.
I spoke to our IT teacher and she was very helpful in getting everything I needed to video the class on two consecutive days. The regular classroom teacher was more than happy to video both classes for me. I am very blessed to be part of this school where everyone is ready to support and collaborate in any way possible. I checked video release forms and all is ready to go. I have talked to my students to ignore the camera (as much as that is possible with 2nd graders!!!) and to continue on like it's not even there. They feel confident and eager to show how much they know. After we video both groups, our IT teacher has offered to help me change the VHS video to a digital form. I think we are ready for our assessment!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great- I love all the support that you are getting- I hope that you will share your results with the others as a thanks. I look forward to seeing how it goes. I like that your students switched roles to practice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete