Monday, November 9, 2009

Inquiry Plan Progress

This past two weeks I have been working with my class on finishing the story we have been reading and talking about. I have modeled short conversations with some students and also pairing students pretending to be one of the characters in the story. Just a reminder, I will be videotaping a 2nd grade class which has been learning about a family who moved into the neighborhood from another country and on the way to school, their son meets different people from the community: a police woman, a mail carrier, a paramedic, a fireman, a crossing guard, and finally his teacher and principal. Students have been predicting who the boy meets next and now they have to think about adding an ending to the story. I'm curious to see what they are able to say!! Have a nice week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting assignment and very practical. I am curious as well to see how the students do with this. I like that you have been doing lots of modeling- this is so important to establish expectations.

    ReplyDelete